THE SACRED AND PROFANE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE SACRED AND PROFANE

For Politics, Foreign Policy, The Arts, and The Outdoors... Welcome to the Forums!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Stem Cell Research

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
thekill
Admin
thekill

Male
Number of posts : 278
Registration date : 2009-02-21

Stem Cell Research Empty
PostSubject: Stem Cell Research   Stem Cell Research EmptyMon Mar 09, 2009 2:44 pm

A strong step in the right direction for medical science and research! How someone ever opposed this, think back to the Bush days, blows my mind.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090309/ap_on_go_pr_wh/obama_stem_cells

+1 for President Obama Stem Cell Research 146744
Back to top Go down
http://www.aeonity.com/thekill
SoToo

Male
Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2009-02-24

Stem Cell Research Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stem Cell Research   Stem Cell Research EmptyMon Mar 09, 2009 6:25 pm

Hmmm... "baby killer" comes to mind. This technology is like killing your kids to save yourself.

Also, throwing money towards bullshit like this... is NOT what our economy needs right now. However, fall in line with your Democrat buddies and chant the mantra, "We need to get the small things off the table first."

Am I seeing a trend here? Is Obama so clueless about our needs right now, that he's actually backtracking and undoing EVERYTHING that Bush did, in hopes of finding the problem? Meanwhile, our economy still suffers. "Well...let's ban firearms... kill some babies... make friends with the Taliban..."

Yep... sure does make our future look bright.... ya think?
Back to top Go down
quasimodo

Male
Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2009-03-06

Stem Cell Research Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stem Cell Research   Stem Cell Research EmptyMon Mar 09, 2009 7:30 pm

Kill babies?!?!

they aren't babies. they are unfertilized eggs. the same type eggs women lose in their period every month.
Back to top Go down
SoToo

Male

Stem Cell Research Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stem Cell Research   Stem Cell Research EmptyMon Mar 09, 2009 8:06 pm

What?

Not unfertilized eggs man... unfertilized eggs would do no good. If they were unfertilized eggs... then it wouldn't piss so many people off. They use 4 to 5 day old embryos. That's why it's called Embryonic Stem Cell Research. They're making tiny humans, then killing them for selfish gains.

This link is straight from the govt... not some tabloid shit... http://stemcells.nih.gov/info/basics/basics3.asp
Back to top Go down
thekill
Admin
thekill

Male

Stem Cell Research Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stem Cell Research   Stem Cell Research EmptyMon Mar 09, 2009 10:17 pm

quasimodo wrote:
Kill babies?!?!

they aren't babies. they are unfertilized eggs. the same type eggs women lose in their period every month.

Im afraid you are mistaken SoToo - it is NOT about killing babies. It is about advancing science in the medical field to help the field bring on new advances that would help millions. How can you make this a political issue? This is something like the environment, that ALL Americans should support, IMO. Its not a liberal/conservative thing. Its a HUMAN thing.
Back to top Go down
SoToo

Male

Stem Cell Research Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stem Cell Research   Stem Cell Research EmptyMon Mar 09, 2009 11:14 pm

WTF? I'm afraid there's no mistakes about it. Read the fucking link... it's not made up shit, it's sponsered by our government. A fertilized egg produces an embryo, a 4 to 5 day old embryo is a human baby in development. What cloud do you live in anyway.... where it's ok to sacrifice human babies for our own health benefits. Oh that's right... the same cloud where abortion is just a bit of tissue removal. Last I checked... we are made up of tissue. Sure in your eyes it's NOT about killing human babies... it's about advancing medical science. Tell me though... advancing medical science at what cost? That's right, human babies. Exactly how long do you want to live anyway? Yeah... it shouldn't be a political thing... it's all about morals... and it's NOT a HUMAN thing... it's a HUMAN BABY.

You act as though I'm the only one having a problem with this. I'm not... and my opinion is not clouded by the words and brain washing. "This is good for all Americans" "All Americans should support this" "All Americans should stand behind Obama"... is that your answer to everything? You are starting to sound like a fucking political ad. So I'm not an American... or maybe just not a good one? Freethinking, Independent, Non-Sheeple, and not willing to have my broken down ol' body repaired at the cost of another life. I guess if that makes me un-American... then so be it.

How can you post this thread, slamming Bush, praising Obama, not want any opposition in it, then state that it is not political?
Back to top Go down
thekill
Admin
thekill

Male

Stem Cell Research Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stem Cell Research   Stem Cell Research EmptyTue Mar 10, 2009 12:32 am

Fair enough. It is political... but it SHOULDNT be.

A baby isnt a human life until it can sustain life void of the mother as its host. End of story. I have this debate with pro-lifers all the time. Like talking to a STOP sign.
Back to top Go down
SoToo

Male

Stem Cell Research Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stem Cell Research   Stem Cell Research EmptyTue Mar 10, 2009 1:43 am

Tell that to the many women that miscarry in early months...

Tell that to the babies that have to be pulled premature and survive...

Let me ask you a very important question... If you have a wife, girlfriend, sister, or anyone else close to you... hell even if they aren't close to you... and they are pregnant, but God forbid, someone mugs them or worse, and hurts them to the point that they lose the baby... would you tell them that it isn't murder? No big loss? Doesn't really matter? Wasn't a human life anyway?

Would a car accident be any easier? Maybe just a fall? Still not a loss? Not a life?

When you and your better half (whoever she may be) do happen to conceive... and you go for a sonogram, and you see those little fingers, hear that little heartbeat, feel those little kicks... will you look on with love? Or will you tell yourself... "This isn't life."

I suppose you agree with full-term abortions too... afterall, give an inch take a mile, right? So what about those babies that are born premature and survive? It is obvious that they were able to sustain life before full-term. Right?

What you are saying is the poison that has been fed to us all along to make abortion seem right. It's like saying a plant isn't really a plant as long as it needs the soil to survive. A bird in the egg does not use the mother as a host... yet the stages are not too much unlike a human embryo. If life is not growing there, then please tell me what is? The baby develops in the womb for many reasons... protection being the utmost. Just because it gains it's life giving nutrients from the mother, does not mean it is not a life. I'm not exactly sure what direction your debates take... but I would love for you to show me an infant, any infant, that is able to sustain life, on it's own, outside of the womb.

I hate to pull the "C" card on you, but I'll go ahead and do it just the same....

Due to the very nature of the way in which Jesus Christ was born... Joseph had his doubts, and the bible tells us that Joseph sought to put Mary away privately. Meaning that he wished to hide her and her condition in order to prevent problems from others. Now in todays time... that would easily be an abortion. What a fine fate for our Saviour... huh? The bible tells us that Mary was with child... oh yeah... why do we say that anyway? With child? Especially if it isn't true... not a life... maybe "with thing" will do.

I'm not sure how long you've had some of these ideas... maybe they are something you started developing in college. I do know, however, that your teachers are human, your books were written by humans, the theories are born of humans.... do not let all these things poison your mind. Give them some thought first. Humans have their opinions and it's too bad that they wish to impose them on all. I'm telling you, do not listen to me, do not listen to others, and teachers can sling the shit just as good as any infomercial salesperson. Do the research... don't let it be done for you. Read between the lines and let common sense be your guide. I would hate for you to embark on a life changing decision, and find that the end product is about as useless as a fucking "As seen on TV" salad chopper, that neither slices nor dices none too effectively. The greatest advice I could give you is to let your mind be your guide... not someone elses.
Back to top Go down
El Gringo

Male
Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2009-03-04

Stem Cell Research Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stem Cell Research   Stem Cell Research EmptyTue Mar 10, 2009 7:07 am

thekill wrote:
Fair enough. It is political... but it SHOULDNT be.

A baby isnt a human life until it can sustain life void of the mother as its host. End of story. I have this debate with pro-lifers all the time. Like talking to a STOP sign.

I guess they're not human while still breast feeding then confused
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Stem Cell Research Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stem Cell Research   Stem Cell Research Empty

Back to top Go down

Stem Cell Research
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE SACRED AND PROFANE :: THE PROFANE :: Duality. Left or Right?-
Jump to: