THE SACRED AND PROFANE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE SACRED AND PROFANE

For Politics, Foreign Policy, The Arts, and The Outdoors... Welcome to the Forums!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Pirates on the High Seas

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
DeepDrill2010

DeepDrill2010

Male
Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2009-02-23

Pirates on the High Seas Empty
PostSubject: Pirates on the High Seas   Pirates on the High Seas EmptySat Feb 28, 2009 10:25 am

Hey you were asking my why we can't do anything about the pirates in the Gufl of Aden/coast of Somolia. Well yesterday a US Cruiser "detained" six or seven pirates in the Gulf of Aden as part of the multi-country task force over there. I believe that the US Navy is pushing also for a UN resolution where ships of that task force can have the "police" power to arrest and try the pirates onboard our vessels if sufficent evidence is provided. The problem right now is that the Captian of the ship has to find a country that will charge and take the pirates off of his hands. Those countries that will mostly fine and release these guys back into the world to try again.

The possibility of arming civillian crews is out of the question too as there is no way to know if the crew could mutiny and take over the ship or the amount of money it takes to train a crew in proper fire arm techniques. The way to combat this is for ships to have a more tentative crew and someone constantly monitoring the seas. I will try to find this article i was reading yesterday and post it but until then have a great day.
Back to top Go down
DeepDrill2010

DeepDrill2010

Male

PostSubject: Re: Pirates on the High Seas   Pirates on the High Seas EmptySat Feb 28, 2009 10:35 am

Back to top Go down
thekill
Admin
thekill

Male
Number of posts : 278
Registration date : 2009-02-21

PostSubject: Re: Pirates on the High Seas   Pirates on the High Seas EmptySat Feb 28, 2009 9:42 pm

yea man i remember talking about this with you. Pirates on the High Seas 918854 thanks for posting the links. piracy on the high sea has been something that i think that the US gov. has a vested interest in dealing with this because our economy suffers as a result of it. Pirates on the High Seas 55454
Back to top Go down
http://www.aeonity.com/thekill
DeepDrill2010

DeepDrill2010

Male

PostSubject: Re: Pirates on the High Seas   Pirates on the High Seas EmptySun Mar 01, 2009 5:01 pm

Its not just a US issue but a global issue as most of the ship that have been captured are foriegn ships. I have yet to have heard about a US flagged ship being taken, because unfortunately the US shipping industry is almost dead because of trade sactions, taxes, and free trade agreeements.
Back to top Go down
thekill
Admin
thekill

Male

PostSubject: Re: Pirates on the High Seas   Pirates on the High Seas EmptyMon Mar 02, 2009 12:40 am

DeepDrill2010 wrote:
Its not just a US issue but a global issue as most of the ship that have been captured are foriegn ships. I have yet to have heard about a US flagged ship being taken, because unfortunately the US shipping industry is almost dead because of trade sactions, taxes, and free trade agreeements.

very good points here DeepDrill.... it is def. a world-wide problem. afro
Back to top Go down
DeepDrill2010

DeepDrill2010

Male

PostSubject: Re: Pirates on the High Seas   Pirates on the High Seas EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 4:20 pm

Also I don't think you would hear about a US flagged vessel being taken because either A the company would take care of it or some delta/special operative team would be on it soon enough.
Back to top Go down
thekill
Admin
thekill

Male

PostSubject: Re: Pirates on the High Seas   Pirates on the High Seas EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 7:31 pm

DeepDrill2010 wrote:
Also I don't think you would hear about a US flagged vessel being taken because either A the company would take care of it or some delta/special operative team would be on it soon enough.

Very true. THe USSF would have them all killed and the vessel would be recaptured very quickly from some stupid ass pirate fuckers. Pirates on the High Seas 198145
Back to top Go down
Jorge_Banner

Male
Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2009-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Pirates on the High Seas   Pirates on the High Seas EmptyWed Mar 04, 2009 7:35 am

The only good pirate is the dead pirate.

If the West hadn't gone fagotty this problem would be solved in 24 hours.

Just kill them all.

Instead everybody goes holding on to their skirts, groveling to the pirates of the un for "permission" to defend themselves.

What a joke.

The West deserves to be raped.
Back to top Go down
thekill
Admin
thekill

Male

PostSubject: Re: Pirates on the High Seas   Pirates on the High Seas EmptyWed Mar 04, 2009 2:33 pm

Jorge_Banner wrote:
The only good pirate is the dead pirate.

If the West hadn't gone fagotty this problem would be solved in 24 hours.

Just kill them all.

Instead everybody goes holding on to their skirts, groveling to the pirates of the un for "permission" to defend themselves.

What a joke.

The West deserves to be raped.

I agree. Fuck pirates. Death to them all. Pirates on the High Seas 198145 Pirates on the High Seas 146744
Back to top Go down
Jorge_Banner

Male
Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2009-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Pirates on the High Seas   Pirates on the High Seas EmptyWed Mar 04, 2009 4:01 pm

Watch out, man! If you begin to agree with me, who knows what can happen to you!!

affraid
Back to top Go down
thekill
Admin
thekill

Male

PostSubject: Re: Pirates on the High Seas   Pirates on the High Seas EmptyWed Mar 04, 2009 7:18 pm

Jorge_Banner wrote:
Watch out, man! If you begin to agree with me, who knows what can happen to you!!

affraid

haha - you know I love ya Jorge. afro
Back to top Go down
DeepDrill2010

DeepDrill2010

Male

PostSubject: Re: Pirates on the High Seas   Pirates on the High Seas EmptyWed Mar 04, 2009 8:59 pm

Haha i could just all be corrected if I could just blow the little bastards out of the water from the deck of us warship but no we are the new navy where there is instant communications and ROE's
Back to top Go down
thekill
Admin
thekill

Male

PostSubject: Re: Pirates on the High Seas   Pirates on the High Seas EmptyWed Mar 04, 2009 9:31 pm

DeepDrill2010 wrote:
Haha i could just all be corrected if I could just blow the little bastards out of the water from the deck of us warship but no we are the new navy where there is instant communications and ROE's

True... In many ways that is sad... Kinda like some of the ROE we have to go by in the Army, ya know... Its all the same...

Denton, tell the boys where you go to school and and shit man. They would be interested to know.
Back to top Go down
SoToo

Male
Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2009-02-24

PostSubject: Re: Pirates on the High Seas   Pirates on the High Seas EmptyThu Mar 05, 2009 4:42 am

Jorge_Banner wrote:

affraid

LMAO! Pirates on the High Seas 843501
Back to top Go down
thekill
Admin
thekill

Male

PostSubject: Re: Pirates on the High Seas   Pirates on the High Seas EmptyThu Mar 05, 2009 10:23 pm

FUCK PIRATES Pirates on the High Seas 454309
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pirates on the High Seas   Pirates on the High Seas Empty

Back to top Go down

Pirates on the High Seas
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE SACRED AND PROFANE :: THE PROFANE :: Wars-
Jump to: