THE SACRED AND PROFANE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE SACRED AND PROFANE

For Politics, Foreign Policy, The Arts, and The Outdoors... Welcome to the Forums!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Beliefs and Religion... What's your's?

Go down 
+2
thekill
SoToo
6 posters
AuthorMessage
SoToo

Male
Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2009-02-24

Beliefs and Religion... What's your's? Empty
PostSubject: Beliefs and Religion... What's your's?   Beliefs and Religion... What's your's? EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 6:27 am

I'm a devout Christian.... however, many don't see it that way. They think because I drink, smoke, or use profanity... that somehow I'm less than what my Lord desires in a follower. Even the way I dress, my ink, my 0ga flesh tunnel, or even just the fact that I like guns and knives throw some people for a loop.

Well... whatever. It never ceases to amaze me that most of the ideas on this subject come from man and not from the word of God. I'm utterly amazed that the same people that lie, cheat, steal, and pass judgement on others for such nonsense figure themselves to be holy enough to do just that. I just don't give in to the puritan ideas that splatter the doctrines of men. Especially the doctrines that are already blood stained by my fellow man. What did my Lord say? Well then, that is my doctrine.

I'm not too much unlike the first followers... a band of sinners and common men. Rough men of the times. Like Peter that pulled his sword and cut off the ear of the servant of the high priest, when they came to arrest Jesus. Like John the Baptist, who pointed his finger at the leaders and accused. They all went against the popular doctrine... they all pissed off the leaders of the church. They all risked their lives for a chance to make a difference.

I make it a point to be honest, faithful, giving, and to have an overall love for people in general. I make it a point to not be hung up on the made up words of men. Either you do what's right or you don't... either you are a true follower of your beliefs or you are a member of the popularity parade.

There's good and bad in EVERYONE... but morals speak for themselves. Good morals of good men.... the beliefs don't matter, the foundation stays the same. I want to hear what others believe.... where do you stand?

Judists, Christians, Atheists, Muslims, Buddhists, Hindus, Agnostics, etc., etc... let me hear you. Give a brief description of what religion you believe in and where YOUR morals stand with others in your faith. I know we don't have many members yet, but this is a good place to start.

NO FUCKING ARGUING IN THIS THREAD! DO NOT SLAM ME - DO NOT SLAM EACH OTHER! ALL are entitled to what they feel and ALL should be treated the way you would want to be treated! So please save the arguing for another thread.

Depending on how others feel about it, maybe there could be different sections devoted to seperate religions. It makes more sense to argue within a certain religion, than it does to argue with intent to convert.

Anyway... with that said... let's hear from you all.
Back to top Go down
thekill
Admin
thekill

Male
Number of posts : 278
Registration date : 2009-02-21

PostSubject: Re: Beliefs and Religion... What's your's?   Beliefs and Religion... What's your's? EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 1:30 pm

I am with you SoToo... I am a devout Christian as well. I do use profanity at times and drink socially. But when looking at the heart, my faith is strong. We are saved by God's grace and the faith therein is testament to ones caliber os sad faith IMO. Keep in my Jesus the Christ himself was around less than admirable people daily and lived a perfect life that we as His followers should aspire to live daily, though we fail miserably via our Adamic nature.

Great post SoTOo! Beliefs and Religion... What's your's? 146744
Back to top Go down
http://www.aeonity.com/thekill
PedroNoLion

Male
Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2009-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Beliefs and Religion... What's your's?   Beliefs and Religion... What's your's? EmptyWed Mar 04, 2009 3:45 pm

Drink, smoke, get tattoos, whatever --- isn't it about what's in your heart? God desires to be in personal relationship with us, right?
Back to top Go down
thekill
Admin
thekill

Male

PostSubject: Re: Beliefs and Religion... What's your's?   Beliefs and Religion... What's your's? EmptyWed Mar 04, 2009 6:26 pm

PedroNoLion wrote:
Drink, smoke, get tattoos, whatever --- isn't it about what's in your heart? God desires to be in personal relationship with us, right?

Very good points Pete. I agree 110%
Back to top Go down
SoToo

Male

PostSubject: Re: Beliefs and Religion... What's your's?   Beliefs and Religion... What's your's? EmptyThu Mar 05, 2009 4:38 am

One of the miracles... was the making of some fantastic wine. I'll bet Peter would have smoked a cigar had they been available... and Matthew a pipe. Who knows? I know one thing though... one of the greatest disciples was a cold blooded killer of Christians, and the way I see it.... that's about as rock bottom as it gets.
Back to top Go down
thekill
Admin
thekill

Male

PostSubject: Re: Beliefs and Religion... What's your's?   Beliefs and Religion... What's your's? EmptyThu Mar 05, 2009 11:15 am

truth is spoken :)
Back to top Go down
El Gringo

Male
Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2009-03-04

PostSubject: Re: Beliefs and Religion... What's your's?   Beliefs and Religion... What's your's? EmptyFri Mar 06, 2009 8:38 pm

I was raised a Catholic, then was an agnostic, was Muslim for about a year. Now I'm just
me. Yes I believe in God. Spiritual but I follow no particular doctrine. I think that our percived reality is an illusion set up as a test...and Gods watchin how we handle it.

Whats an 0ga flesh tunnel??
Back to top Go down
SoToo

Male

PostSubject: Re: Beliefs and Religion... What's your's?   Beliefs and Religion... What's your's? EmptyFri Mar 06, 2009 9:58 pm

El Gringo wrote:
Whats an 0ga flesh tunnel??

I had my left ear pierced in the early 80's. Then somewhere around the mid to late 90's... I stuck a 10 gauge silver keyring through that hole. I just couldn't stop there and wound up shoving tapered paintbrush handles and shit through my earlobe to stretch it out. The gauge is AWG, so 0 is about the size of a fat DcMonald's straw. I went from about a 21-20 gauge (standard earring) to a 0 gauge in about 2 weeks. My wife told me to stop there and now I wear a stainless steel "flesh tunnel" in the hole.

Beliefs and Religion... What's your's? T-PL-09-05-0
Back to top Go down
El Gringo

Male

PostSubject: Re: Beliefs and Religion... What's your's?   Beliefs and Religion... What's your's? EmptyFri Mar 06, 2009 10:09 pm

Tell the wife I said thanks for puttin her foot down cheers
Back to top Go down
SoToo

Male

PostSubject: Re: Beliefs and Religion... What's your's?   Beliefs and Religion... What's your's? EmptyFri Mar 06, 2009 10:56 pm

Yeah... a zero does not actually look bad, and doesn't increase the size of the lobe as compared to the other. If I take out the flesh tunnel, you can barely tell my ear has been stretched. I was going to stop at 0 anyway... but I didn't let her know that. There was no way I was going up to the larger sizes... 1/2", 1", 3", etc. Those fucking things start getting enormous and sometimes the lobe splits... not me man... that's not how I wanna roll!

Beliefs and Religion... What's your's? Split-ear-lobe

Even without the splitting...

Beliefs and Religion... What's your's? Earlobe_reconstruction

No thanks! Besides... I ran out of paint brush handles. cheers
Back to top Go down
El Gringo

Male

PostSubject: Re: Beliefs and Religion... What's your's?   Beliefs and Religion... What's your's? EmptySat Mar 07, 2009 9:26 am

Now that looks like something that should be covered up with a pair of sexy panties...not an ear.
Back to top Go down
thekill
Admin
thekill

Male

PostSubject: Re: Beliefs and Religion... What's your's?   Beliefs and Religion... What's your's? EmptySun Mar 08, 2009 3:48 pm

El Gringo wrote:
Now that looks like something that should be covered up with a pair of sexy panties...not an ear.

lol! Beliefs and Religion... What's your's? 843512
Back to top Go down
quasimodo

Male
Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2009-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Beliefs and Religion... What's your's?   Beliefs and Religion... What's your's? EmptyTue Mar 10, 2009 7:44 pm

OMG !

Your puttin us on right? never figured you for that type SooToo.

I had my left ear pierced in the 70's, but haven't worn an earring in 25 years. but that was just a regular wire type.
Back to top Go down
SoToo

Male

PostSubject: Re: Beliefs and Religion... What's your's?   Beliefs and Religion... What's your's? EmptyTue Mar 10, 2009 7:47 pm

Not a put on... I'm not sure exactly why I went nuts. I shoved that 10ga wire through that 21ga hole... and for some fucking reason... it hurt so good.
Back to top Go down
Peter Lezard

Male
Number of posts : 28

PostSubject: Re: Beliefs and Religion... What's your's?   Beliefs and Religion... What's your's? EmptyTue Mar 10, 2009 8:16 pm

I was raised a very boring Lutheran boy....but it never "took" in me. I only go to church when drug by my wife or mum... I've read up on several religions, from being Catholic, to Buddhism, to Wica...(hey she was cute...)

Annnnnnnyway, I see good points and bad with all of them, and I guess I mostly fall back on being a Lutheran, mostly because I know it... I have a personal code that seems to rule my life more than anything. I'm told that I am a "good man" so I guess I am...
Back to top Go down
thekill
Admin
thekill

Male

PostSubject: Re: Beliefs and Religion... What's your's?   Beliefs and Religion... What's your's? EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 7:53 pm

parents woulda killed me before they let me get a "queer-ring" as my folks called it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Beliefs and Religion... What's your's?   Beliefs and Religion... What's your's? Empty

Back to top Go down

Beliefs and Religion... What's your's?
Page 1 of 1